Some of this year’s main events include -
· Emsworth Market Day with Hampshire Farmers’ Market - Saturday 17th September
· The ‘Great British Menu’ College Lunches - 3 local catering colleges take over the Brookfield Hotel and design, prepare and serve a ‘Great British Menu’
Fareham College- 20th September, Highbury College – 29th September, South Downs College – 30th September
· Emsworth Apple Pressing Day – Sunday 18th September
· A real community event. Local apples grown by residents producing ‘Emsworth Apple Presse 2016’ in the Square. The label for this year will be unveiled on the day, designed by a local primary school pupil. This event also supports Stonepillow.
· Hampshire Farmers’ Market Award’s Dinner – Brookfield Hotel - Tuesday 22nd September
A celebration of everything that is fabulous about Hampshire’s Food and Drink industry, think the BAFTA’s for local producers! Four course meal and a glass of Hampshire fizz.
· The Emsworth Wine Fair - Saturday 24th September
Organised by the areas 4 local independent wine merchants, this is a wonderful opportunity to taste over 40 wines and spirits, together with some local cheeses and artisan foods. While focussing on award winning English wines, which will include amongst others Hambledon Vineyard, Chapel Down, Albourne Estate and Wickham Wines, there will also be some fantastic wines from other regions from Rioja to Stellenbosch. However its not just wine, on offer, British Gins and other spirits will also be available to taste.
· Emsworth Community Seafood Lunch - Sunday 25th September
Emsworth can trace much of its heritage back to its maritime history and although in the main the fishing boats and its once famous oyster industry may have gone, Emsworth, unlike so many similar communities has still managed to maintain its sense of place. This was celebrated last December with the Lobster Pot Christmas tree, which was a source of great pride and enjoyment for the whole community. The Emsworth Community Seafood lunch will once again celebrate this heritage; the lunch will be served on the Quay, on long communal tables and will be prepared by four of the areas leading Chefs:
Lawrence Murphy – Fat Olives Restaurant, Giles Babb – Blue Bell Inn, Gary Pearce – Restaurant 36 on the Quay Jon Scourfield – Brookfield Hotel
The lunch will see the launch of this years Emsworth’s Lobster pot Christmas Tree and all profits from the
Lunch will go to Stonepillow.
· Emsworth’s First British Beer and Cider Festival - Friday 30th September to Sunday 2nd October
Enjoy up to 30 great British beers, both local and from further afield, combined with some astonishingly good English wines and cider, as well as live entertainment and local food producers.
· A ‘Thought for Food’ Local Showcase Market - Saturday 1st October
The A Thought For Food Market will be back for a third year on Saturday, 1st October. Created to enable local food & drink producers from West Sussex and Hampshire to come together and showcase their products here in Emsworth, this outdoor market has proved a big hit with both visitors and producers. There will be live music, poetry and creative writing readings, The Portsmouth Shanty Men, food safaris and food demonstrations throughout the day so this market should have something to appeal to just about everyone!
In conjunction with Hampshire Farmers’ Market taking food education into local primary schools with Food workshops for pupils.
· ‘A Boost of Kindness’
Working with The Beacon Food Bank to build a ‘Food Mountain’ - culminating on Sunday 2nd October
· A Special Community Harvest Festival Service in St. Peter’s Square - Sunday 2nd October 11.30am
The programme will be released 1st September with a full listing over of 75 food related activities that both residents and visitors can take part in. To misquote Oliver Twist ‘Please Sir, can I have some more?” – “yes, you can and lots more!”
For more information about British Food Fortnight – www.lovebritishfood.co.uk
For more information contact:- Alistair Gibson – 07712 669973 or email@example.com
Emsworth British Food Fortnight is supported by -
Download the Programme
Download the Daily Schedule of Events